|Fresh spinach/2 packages frozen spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Ricotta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese/Dry monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten lightly with fork|
1) To prepare Italian spaghetti sauce, add about 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese.
2) In a saucepan, cook spinach until tender.
3) Squeeze it dry and chop finely.
4) In a bowl add spinach, Ricotta, salt, pepper, grated cheese, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Mix well.
5) Divide and shape into small balls and roll in flour.
6) lightly flour a cookie sheet or chopping board and arrange the balls on it.
7) In a saucepan boil 5 quarts salted water.
8) Gently add Malfatti into boiling water. It will come to the surface.
9) Simmer for 4 minutes and then drain.
10) Transfer Malfatti on warm platter, pour spaghetti sauce over it and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.