Mozzarella With Barbecued Radiccio
|Pesto sauce||1 Tablespoon (Red Or Green)|
|Virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, sliced|
|Radicchio||2 , leaving the root end, slice each into quarters|
|Basil leaves||2 (To Garnish)|
1. Make the dressing by blending the ingredients together in a small bowl using a fork to whisk.
2. Tear the fresh basil leaves with hands into tiny pieces and add them to the dressing. Keep aside.
3. Thinly slice the Mozzarella cheese.
4. Arrange cheese slice and tomatoes alternately in rings on one large or individual serving plates.
5. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
6. Barbecue the radicchio quarters for a few minutes just until the leaves singe on the outside wilt.
7. Scatter them over the cheese and tomato slices.
8. Drizzle with the dressing over the salad and garnish with extra basil leaves.
9. Serve at once.