Chicken Cacciatore With Polenta
|Broiler fryers||4 Pound|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||17 Ounce|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
2. In Dutch oven heat oil and butter and brown well on all sides adding a few chicken pieces at a time and brown well on all sides.
3. Remove as browned and set aside.
4. Add onion and garlic to Dutch oven and saute until golden-brown—about 5 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, parsley, salt, basil and pepper mix well, mashing tomatoes with fork and bring to boiling.
6. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
7. Add browned chicken and the wine and simmer, covered, 45 to 50 minutes until chicken is tender.
8. Spoon chicken and some of sauce over prepared polenta and serve passing rest of sauce.
9. If desired, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.