Pasta Com Pesto Alla Pelliccione
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, drained|
|Romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated (Or More)|
|Garlic||6 Large, crushed|
|Spaghetti/Flat noodles/any long pasta||1 Pound, cooked|
1) In a blender, add in basil, 1 cup cheese, oil and garlic. Pulse the ingredients to get a coarse puree.
2) Scrape the sides and lid of the blender as well to get all the puree into a bowl. This should make 1 1/2 cups of the puree also known as pesto sauce.
3) Plate the cooked spaghetti and pour a cup of the pesto over it. Using a fork, gently but quickly mix the sauce into the pasta.
4) Add in 1/2 cup of grated cheese over the top and mix once more.
5) Sprinkle more cheese over the Pasta Com Pesto Alla Pelliccione.
6) Serve the remaining 1/2 cup of pesto alongside the pasta.
The pesto can be stored upto a week in the refrigerator.
If exposed to air, the pesto may turn darkish at the surface. So just skim that layer off before serving.