|Shin beef||3 Pound|
|Celery stalks||2 Large|
|Canned italian tomatoes||17 Ounce|
|Chickpeas/Kidney beans||20 Ounce|
|Frozen cut green beans||10 Ounce|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In large kettle place shin of beef, 1 tablespoon salt and 4 quarts water.
2. Bring to boiling, covered and then skim surface.
3. Add carrots, parsley, celery, onion and bay leaf simmer, uncovered, 3 hours.
4. Remove beef and carrots set aside and strain broth to get about 7 cups.
5. In kettle, combine broth, tomatoes, chick peas, green beans, peas, cabbage and perciatelli,
6. Add 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper and bring to boiling, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
8. Slice carrots and cut meat from bone into small pieces.
9. Add the meat to the simmering soup, garnish and serve.