|Shin beef||3 Pound|
|Celery stalks||2 Large|
|Canned italian tomatoes||17 Ounce|
|Chickpeas/Kidney beans||20 Ounce|
|Frozen cut green beans||10 Ounce|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In large kettle place shin of beef, 1 tablespoon salt and 4 quarts water.
2. Bring to boiling, covered and then skim surface.
3. Add carrots, parsley, celery, onion and bay leaf simmer, uncovered, 3 hours.
4. Remove beef and carrots set aside and strain broth to get about 7 cups.
5. In kettle, combine broth, tomatoes, chick peas, green beans, peas, cabbage and perciatelli,
6. Add 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper and bring to boiling, stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
8. Slice carrots and cut meat from bone into small pieces.
9. Add the meat to the simmering soup, garnish and serve.
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.7 mg33.2%
Sodium 434 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.9 g99.7%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 73 g146.1%
Vitamin A 172.9% Vitamin C 63.9%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 76.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet