Farfalle Alla Napoletana
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Carrots||2 , finely chopped, blanched|
|Red peppers||2 , cored, deseeded and chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, chopped|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes with herbs||13 Ounce (One 400 Gram Can)|
|Dried farfalle||12 Ounce|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm) (For Garnish)|
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onion and garlic in the heated oil for about 3 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the red peppers and carrots and saute for a another 3 minutes.
3) Stir in the fresh tomatoes alongwith red wine, canned tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, then partially cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4) In a large saucepan, allow about 1.75 litres/ 3 pints of water to boil.
Add the dash of oil, salt and pasta and then cook for 8-12 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
5) In a colander, drain the pasta and place over a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the pepper and some olive oil, if desired.
6) Spoon the tomato sauce over the pasta, garnish with the chopped fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.