|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced fine|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cooked chickpeas/Navy beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), uncooked|
|Parmesan cheese/Other cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. In slow-cooking pot or a crock pot, combine all the ingredients, except the macaroni and cheese
2. Cover pot with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook for 4 to 5 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW until they are tender-crisp.
4. Add the macaroni and cheese to the pot about 30 minutes before serving.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
6. Ladle the broth with vegetables and pasta into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.