|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced fine|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cooked chickpeas/Navy beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), uncooked|
|Parmesan cheese/Other cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. In slow-cooking pot or a crock pot, combine all the ingredients, except the macaroni and cheese
2. Cover pot with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook for 4 to 5 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW until they are tender-crisp.
4. Add the macaroni and cheese to the pot about 30 minutes before serving.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
6. Ladle the broth with vegetables and pasta into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.1 mg12%
Sodium 820.3 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 58.7% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet