Tortellini In Brodo
|Bone in beef||1 Pound|
|Shin of beef with bone||1 Pound, cut through the shin bone in 2 or 3 places|
|Water||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Celery||2 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||6 , peeled and chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tortellini noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. In a large soup pot place the beef bones, and cover with water.
2. Crumble in the bouillon cube.
3. Place pot on medium high flame and bring water to a rapid boil.
4. Skim off the scum that surfaces when blanching the bones.
5. Add the vegetables and bring to a boil again
6. Lower the heat, cover the pan and let the soup simmer for 1 hour until the meat falls of the bones.
7. Use a spotted spoon to remove the meat and bones. Shred the meat and keep aside.
8. Strain the broth into a clean pot.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning adding salt and pepper.
10. Add the pasta to the broth and return to a medium flame and boil for another 15 to 20 minutes until the pasta is tender.
11. Return the meat to the broth.
12. Ladle the hot broth into warmed soup dishes
13. Garnished each serving with a little chopped parsley.
14. Serve piping hot.