Roasted Eggplant Spread With Focaccia
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Chopped basil leaves/1 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Chopped thyme leaves/3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Focaccia bread||1 , cut into wedges|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prick eggplant all over with a fork.
3. Slice off stem end from tomato.
4. Place an oven rack over a small baking pan
5. Arrange eggplant on rack
6. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Place tomato with eggplant and continue roasting for another 40 minutes.
8. Remove and let vegetables cool until easy to handle.
9. Peel and cut them into large slices
10. Add them to a food processor or blender along with remaining ingredients except bread.
11. Cover and blend into a smooth thick puree.
12. With motor running at very low speed, drizzle oil through food chute in a slow steady stream. Blend until oil is incorporated into the puree.
13. Tip into a bow, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
14. Place bowl on a platter and arrange focaccia wedges around the dip.