Pesto Chicken Breasts
|Basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), freshly grated|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, boned and split|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the basil until finely chopped. Add the pine nuts, garlic, and cheese. With the motor running, pour in the oil and pulse just until the ingredients are combined.
3) Form a pocket by partly loosening the skin of the chicken breast. Fill the pocket with the pesto by tucking under the skin. Pull the skin and meat around the filling to form a little package. Follow this for each breast.
4) Use an oiled glass baking dish, to arrange the breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with a little olive oil.
5) Place inside oven to bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
6) Serve hot or at room temperature.