|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Italian loaf slices||2 , halved crosswise or 4 slices from a long loaf (Country-Style Round)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), halved|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, peeled, lightly seeded, and finely chopped|
|Snipped basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Rub both sides of each bread slice with cut side of garlic.
3. Brush or drizzle olive oil on both sides of bread slices.
4. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet.
5. Toast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden.
6. In the mean time, prepare the topping by combining tomatoes, basil and seasonings in a small bowl.
7. Toss to mix well.
8. Arrange toasted bread slice on a platter.
9. Spoon the tomato mixture on top.
10. Serve immediately.