Low Fat Vegetable And Cheese Lasagne
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||3 , diced|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Lasagna noodles||10 Ounce (9 Thick Or 12 Narrow Ones)|
|Skim ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. ln a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat.
3. Add and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes until onions are soft and golden.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and herbs and stir to blend.
5. Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until thickened.
While sauce is cooking, in a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining oil over moderate heat Add and sauté the zucchini, carrots and celery for about 7 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened.
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
6. Add the lasagne and cook until barely tender.
7. Drain the pasta sheets, refresh under cold water and drain again.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg white, and parsley.
To assemble the lasagna, ladle tomato sauce and spread over the base of a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
9. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna, top with tomato sauce, vegetables and ½ the ricotta mixture and half the mozzarella slices.
10. Repeat the layering ending with a layer of tomato sauce.
11. Sprinkle grated parmesan over the sauce.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 30- 40 minutes until the sauce is bubble and cheese has melted.
13. Cut into serving size portions and plate.
14. Serve hot.