Scaloppine With Artichokes And Lemon Sauce
|Veal scaloppine||1 Pound (8 No'S)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped shallot/Onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke bottoms||14 Ounce (1 Jar Or Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Bouillon)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) From the scaloppini, trim away the fat, if any, and then coat them in seasoned flour.
2) In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Saute the prepared scaloppini for some minutes till they are golden brown. Turn once.
3) Add the chopped shallot as well as the drained artichoke bottoms. Pour in the white wine.
4) Bring the entire mixture to a simmer and then bring the heat down.
5) Add just enough bouillon or stock to completely cover the veal.
6) From the lemons, grate the rinds and keep aside. To the sauce, add the squeezed lemon.
7) With a tight fitting lid, cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or till the veal has softened.
8) Stir in the cream and continue to gently cook the sauce over low heat for about 6 minutes, uncovered, till the sauce has achieved a creamy texture.
9) Add salt and freshly ground pepper to season to taste.
10) In the center of a warmed serving dish, arrange the scaloppini and surround it with a border of fluffy rice or buttered noodles.
11) Pour the sauce all over the meat and sprinkle the grated lemon rind on top.
12) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2149 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.3%
Saturated Fat 63.7 g318.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 662.4 mg220.8%
Sodium 1914.2 mg79.8%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.4%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 127 g253.5%
Vitamin A 69.5% Vitamin C 117.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 60.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet