Pesto Fillets With Tomato Relish
|Tomato||1 Large, diced|
|Zucchini||1 , diced|
|Minced fresh basil/1 tablespoon dried||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 Large|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and finely chopped|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fillets||24 Ounce (4 Fillets, 6 Ounce Each, Flounder, Sole, Red Snapper, Or Orange Roughy)|
1. In a small mixing bowl, toss the diced tomato and zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the basil, olive oil, lemon juice and pepper according to taste. Cover and set aside until serving time.
2. Preheat the broiler and place the rack 4 inches from the heat.
3. Place a large wire rack, on a baking sheet and grease the rack with oil.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt with the egg white and mustard until well blended.
5. In a shallow dish or on a plate or sheet of wax paper, combine bread crumbs with the walnuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, the remaining basil, and pepper.
6. To bread the fish fillets, dip them first in the yogurt mixture, turning to coat both sides, then lightly roll in the cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so that the crumbs stick.
7. Arrange the crumbed fillets on the rack, keeping a 1 inch distance between each.
8. Broil the fish for about 4-5 minutes on each side until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
9. Spoon about the tomato-zucchini mixture over each fish fillet and serve accompanied with wedges of lime or lemon if you like.