Tuscan Garlicky Bean Soup
|Great northern beans/Other dry white beans||1 Pound|
|Beef broth||1 Quart|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a large soup pot, place the beans and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
2) Remove the pot from the heat and cover it. Allow to stand for about 60 minutes and then drain the beans. Discard the water.
3) In a slow cooker, combine togther the beans, 1 quart of fresh water and the beef broth.
4) In a skiller, pour the olive oil and saute the garlic and parsley. Add to the slow cooker and stir well. Add salt and pepper.
5) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours, till the beans are tender.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1770.2 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet