Tuscan Garlicky Bean Soup
|Great northern beans/Other dry white beans||1 Pound|
|Beef broth||1 Quart|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a large soup pot, place the beans and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
2) Remove the pot from the heat and cover it. Allow to stand for about 60 minutes and then drain the beans. Discard the water.
3) In a slow cooker, combine togther the beans, 1 quart of fresh water and the beef broth.
4) In a skiller, pour the olive oil and saute the garlic and parsley. Add to the slow cooker and stir well. Add salt and pepper.
5) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours, till the beans are tender.
6) Serve hot.