Zesty Minestrone Soup
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs), hot|
|Beef shanks/Stew meat||1 Pound|
|Small onion||1 , diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Spaghetti||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken into 1-inch pieces (Uncooked)|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, sliced (3 To 4 Inches Long)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a 4-quart casserole and put meat in it.
2) Pour over water and then stir in onion, pepper and basil.
3) Cook the mixture, covered for 25 minutes on High until meat is soft, turning meat at least once during cooking time.
4) Debone the meat and then chop them into small pieces.
5) Add meat back to soup broth together with carrots and tomatoes.
6) Cook it, covered for 8 minutes on High.
7) Mix in spaghetti, zucchini, beans, cabbage and salt and then again cover and cook the mixture for another 10 minutes on High, stirring once.
8) Keep aside, covered for several minutes.
9) Top with cheese and serve at once.