Italian Saute Of Lamb
|Firm tomatoes||6 Large|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cooked lamb||1 Pound, cut into strips|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Scallions||6 , thinly sliced|
|Parsley||6 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
1) In a saucepan of boiling water, plunge the tomatoes for 30 seconds.
2) Immediately remove from water and peel the skin. Slice the tomatoes into quarters. Deseed and slice each tomato quarter into thin strips.
3) In a large thick-bottomed frying pan, heat olive oil.
4) Place lamb strips into the pan over high heat to brown evenly on all sides.
5) Liberally season the strips with salt and pepper and 1 clove of the garlic.
6) Fold in the tomato strips to cook for another 3 minutes or until the tomato strips get barely cooked through, stirring constantly.
7) Place the scallions and parsley into the pan.
8) Thoroughly toss all the ingredients over heat.
9) Sprinkle lemon rind and remaining garlic on the preparation.
10) Heat up the ingredients for 3 more minutes, by covering the pan.
11) Serve hot with boiled rice.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg40.8%
Sodium 207.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 125.4%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet