Linguine With White Clam Sauce
|Canned minced clams||13 Ounce (2 Cans, About 6 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped italian parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large pot, boil water with a little salt for the pasta.
2. Keep a large heated bowl ready, along with individual soup bowls.
3. Drain the minced clams, reserving the liquid. Keep the clams aside.
4. Keep aside about ½ to ¾ cup of the clam juice.
5. In a heavy skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
6. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, till it sizzles but does not colour.
7. Now add the clam juice, wine, parsley, oregano, and generous doses of black pepper.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat and partially cover the skillet.
10. Simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Add the minced clams and Stir them in.
12. Cook gently, till the clams are heated through.
13. In the large pot with salted water, add the pasta.
14. Cook till al dente and drain.
15. Place the pasta in the heated serving bowl.
16. To serve, toss the clam sauce with the hot pasta.
17. Serve at once in soup bowls.
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.8 mg19.3%
Sodium 74.1 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 28%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 104.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet