This is a quick and super flavorful salad! It uses fresh veggies and if you want, some of that delicious Fresh Pesto we made (and froze!) from The Farmers' Market Gourmet.
Red bell pepper
1 , dice
Sliced black olives
4 Ounce, drained
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salt & pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander and run under cold water until pasta is completely cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled pasta, bell pepper, cucumber and olive.
3. If using frozen pesto, defrost in microwave in 30 second bursts. Don't let the pesto get hot, just defrost it.
4. Mix the pesto into the other ingredients and add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together well.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Serve cold and enjoy!
This salad is also delicious with some cooked chicken added to the salad.