Bruschetta With Tomato And Basil
|Baguette/Crusty long loaf||1⁄2 , sliced into 8 pieces (8 Pieces)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, cracked away from skin|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Plum tomatoes||3 Small, halved and seeded|
|Fresh basil leaves||20|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Under hot broiler pan place bread slices and toast each on each side.
3. Rub toasts with cracked garlic and drizzle with oil.
4. In a small bowl place the seeded tomatoes after chopping them.
5. Thinly slice basil into green confetti after piling the leaves on top of one another and rolling into a log.
6. Into the bowl containing the chopped tomatoes mix in the basil slices and loosely with tomatoes.
7. Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat.
8. To serve place a bowl on serving platter with a serving spoon and arrange toasts around the platter.
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet