Dungeness Crab And Cheddar Bruschetta
|Dungeness crab meat||1⁄2 Pound (Fresh)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely minced chives||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated extra sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peasant bread slices||8 (Round, 1/2 Inch Thick)|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a bowl add mayonnaise, parsley, dill weed, fresh chives, pepper, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
3) Gently add grated cheese till blended. Add more mayonnaise if desired.
4) Toast the bread lightly and spread butter on it.
5) Arrange toast on a ungreased baking sheet.
6) Mound crab mixture on each piece.
7) Sprinkle paprika over it.
8) Put the bread on the top rack of the oven. Broil till the cheese melts.
9) Cut the bruschetta into four pieces and serve as appetizers.