|Yellow cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a 9- or 10-inch skillet, bring 4 cups water and the salt to a full, rolling boil.
2. Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly with wire whisk such that the mixture gets very thick and smoothen top with spatula.
3. Turn heat very low and cook, uncovered and without stirring, until thick crust forms around edge and mixture is firm for about 20 minutes.
4. With spatula, loosen around edge and underneath and invert on large round platter.
5. Serve with hearty Italian veal and chicken dishes with sauces.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 986.6 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.06% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet