Vegetable Stew With Polenta
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium (Yellow / Green Variety)|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, coarsely chopped to make 1 cup (Yellow / Green Variety)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch slices to make 1 cup|
|Canned diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano||29 Ounce, undrained (2 Cans, 14 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano||29 Ounce, undrained (2 Cans, 14.5 Ounce Each)|
|Canned black eyed peas||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned cannellini beans||19 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated polenta||1 Pound (1 Roll)|
|Frozen cut green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From 1 Pound Bag)|
1. Cook the polenta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Set aside in a warm place till required
3. In a large 4 1 /2- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
4. Add the onions, garlic, bay pepper to the hot oil and cook for 5-6 minutes or till the vegetables are tender and the onion is soft
5. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the green beans
6. Heat to boiling point and then reduce the heat to medium-low
7. Cover and cook for 20-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, till the carrots are done and the stew is is hot through.
8. Add the frozen green beans to the stew.
9. Cover and cook the beans and the stew for 5-6 minutes or till the beans are tender
10. Serve immediately with the stew spooned over the warm polenta