Italian Cauliflower Appetizer
|Anchovy fillets||6 , finely chopped|
|Black olives||12 , pitted and finely chopped|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Anchovy fillets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Discard the green leaves from cauliflower. Trim off the main stem and slice off the bruised areas.
2) Break the cauliflower into flowerets.
3) In a saucepan, poach the cauliflower in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes.
4) Drain the flowerets and dip in a bowl of cold, salted water for 1 hour.
5) Thoroughly drain water. In a large mixing bowl, add anchovies, olives, parsley, garlic and capers, oil and vinegar. Combine well.
6) Fold in cauliflower into the mixture.
7) Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
8) Let it marinate for at least 2 hours in this dressing.
9) In a salad dish, arrange the marinated cauliflower and dressing. Garnish anchovy strips and tomatoes, if using.
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.5 mg5.8%
Sodium 1656.7 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 183.4%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet