Italian Chicken And Vegetable Salad
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound|
|For poaching liquid|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Rotelle pasta||1⁄2 Pound (Spinach, Tomato, And Egg Combination)|
|Cubed zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), seeded, peeled, and diced tomatoes|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1. Poach the chicken breasts in poaching liquid for 10 minutes
2. Or else, cook the chicken breasts until the pink color is gone throughout.
3. The breasts will be firm when pressed with the back of a fork.
4. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid. Remove and discard the skin and bones.
5. Shred the chicken and set aside.
6. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente.
7. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, zucchini, tomatoes, and celery.
8. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
9. Fold into the chicken mixture, sprinkle on the parsley and pine nuts, and mix again.
10 Chill for 2 hours before serving.
11. Serve chilled and pass the pepper mill when serving.