Chicken Parmigiana by Rosalie Fiorino Harpole
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||4 , slit lengthwise (¼ - ½ inch in thickness)|
|Garlic salt||4 Tablespoon (Lory’s)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying, otolia classical mild)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Breadcrumb italian style||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Progresso)|
|Romano cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Fresh flat parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buffalo mozzarella||8 Ounce, slice|
|Marinara sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cooked vermicelli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Slice the chicken breast lengthwise about ¼ to ½ inch in thickness.
2. Chop the garlic, and keep it aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 degree, after the chicken is done.
4. Season the chicken with garlic salt.
5. Beat the eggs and keep it aside.
6. Heat up the electric skillet to 350 degrees and pour the olive oil.
7. In a plate combine Italian breadcrumbs, Romano cheese, garlic cloves, fresh flat parsley season it with salt and pepper.
8. Dip the chicken breast in the eggs and then coat it with the breadcrumbs mixture.
9. Place them on the skillet and brown it for 4-5 minutes on each side and then place the lid and reduce the heat, steam the chicken for 8-10 minutes so that they are completely cooked.
10. Combine the leftover eggs and the breadcrumbs and fry the eggs papati as well, once done keep it aside.
11. Remove the chicken and place it in a baking tray, top it with a slice of buffalo mozzarella and put ½ cup of marinara sauce on each chicken breast.
12. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella, parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
13. Do the same with the egg mixture as well.
14. Once done pop it in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese have melted and browned on top.
15. Serve the chicken parmigiana along with vermicelli and top it with marinara sauce.
If you have any leftover breadcrumbs and eggs, combine them and make them into small papati and fry them up.
Calories 1021 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.7%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.5 mg106.2%
Sodium 6562.4 mg273.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 88 g176.5%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 73.1% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet