Homemade Gnocchi in Chicken Soup
|Russet potatoes||1 Pound|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the soup|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||2 , dice|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Quart|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Chop the garlic and celery, shred the carrots and keep it aside separately.
2. Cut the chicken breast into small bites size pieces.
3. Poke the russet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8 minutes, until they are soft and done.
4. Remove the skin and in a large bowl, cut the potatoes into small pieces and then add the eggs, salt, ground pepper and butter.
5. Mash the potatoes with a whisk or a potato masher, once done transfer the potatoes on a board and add the flour and knead it gently with your hands.
6. Combine all the ingredients well and form smooth dough.
7. Once done roll the dough into small balls and using the back of a fork, make marks on the gnocchi, keep it aside.
8. In an electric skillet melt butter and pour olive oil and sauté the chicken breast along with the chopped garlic.
9. Season with salt and pepper, cook the chicken completely and then add the celery and carrots sauté them with the chicken for 5 minutes.
10. Add chicken broth and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Add the half and half and bring it to a boil and then add the potato gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes.
12. Mix them well, and then add the parmesan cheese and spinach.
13. Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust the salt and pepper.
14. Serve the gnocchi in chicken soup hot.
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.1 mg40%
Sodium 702.9 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 48.8% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet