Italian Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce by Rosalie Fiorino Harpole
|For the turkey meatballs|
|Turkey meat only||800 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the marinara sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), dice|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce can||16 Ounce (Hunt's)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked angel hair pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Finely chop the garlic and snip the parsley leaves, chop the onion, dice the tomatoes, keep it aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the turkey meat, Parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper.
3. Prepare the electric skillet and pour the olive oil.
4. Mix all the ingredients with your hand, until all ingredients are combined.
5. Make small meatballs and place it in the skillet, brown them for 5 minutes on each side.
6. Do not cook the meat completely, remove in a plate and in the same skillet pour extra virgin olive oil.
7. Saute the onions and garlic until brown, add the tomatoes and sauté, add the sugar salt and pepper, followed by the chicken stock, fresh and dry basil and red pepper flakes.
8. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
9. Add the turkey meatballs and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat and let it rest.
11. Serve the turkey meatballs in marinara sauce over a bowl of cooked angel hair pasta.
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.3 mg54.8%
Sodium 1145.1 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet