1. Finely chop the garlic and keep it aside.
2. Slice the purple onions into rings.
3. In a large bowl combine the ground meat with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic, fresh parsley, fennel seeds and season it with sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
4. In a pan pour oil and let it heat up, once ready make four ounce hamburger patty and fry them 3 minutes on each side, lower the flame when you flip the patty.
5. In the meantime slice the crusty Italian bread, keep it until needed
6. Once the burger patty is cooked place it on the bread slice, place the red lettuce leaf followed by provel cheese slice and finally a ring of purple onion.
7. Drizzle some olive oil on the other half of the sliced bread.
8. Put them in the broiler for few minutes only to melt the cheese.
9. Serve the Italian hamburger immediately.