|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried basil/Oregano/thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Zucchini||2 , diced|
|Sweet red pepper/Green pepper||1 , diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl, soak the cornmeal in water and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a nonstick saucepan, combine the stock, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
4. Reduce the heat and gradually but steadily add the soaked cornmeal mush into the stock, stirring constantly with the other hand.
5. Cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes until the mixture boils and thickens.
6. Further reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick like mush.
7. Add the diced vegetables and stir adding oil into the polenta.
8. Cook about 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
9. Put off the heat, cover the pan, and let stand for about 5 minutes so that the polenta finishes cooking in the steam.
10. Serve the polenta along with a stew or curry.