|To season the chicken fillets|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|To fry chicken fillets|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (1 - 2 Tbsp used)|
|Chicken breasts slices||5 Medium (Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts fillets)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Shallot||1 Medium, minced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Juice of lemon||1 1⁄2 Large|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
1. Take 2 large lemons. Squeeze over a strainer to juice 1 1/2 lemons (to make about 1/4 cup juice) and thinly slice the last half (cut the second lemon top to bottom lengthwise). Set aside.
2. Season the chicken fillets with a little bit of kosher salt and black pepper and set aside.
3. Prepare a plate with flour, seasoned with kosher salt and pepper and set it ready next to the stove.
4. Put a heatproof plate in oven to warm, at about 200˚F.
5. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Take a pair of tongs and individually dip the chicken fillet one at a time in the seasoned flour.
6. Once well coated, shake off the excess flour and lay it gently in the pan with hot oil.
7. Cook until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Then turn over and cook another 2 minutes.
8. Then place cooked chicken ﬁllets onto the plate warming in the oven.
9. Add another tbsp olive oil into the pan, turn the heat down to medium and cook the rest of the chicken, placing them onto the warming plate in the oven when done.
10. Move the pan off the heat. Add the shallot and wine to the pan and place back over medium heat. Stir to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
11. Add the slices of lemon, lemon juice and capers. Then add the butter, using a wooden spoon to swirl it around in the pan and thicken the sauce.
12. Once the butter is melted, let the sauce cook for 4-5 minutes.
13. Return the chicken ﬁllets to the pan, coating each one with sauce.
14. Serve, the chicken with some rice or pasta and spoon the sauce over the top.
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.9 mg4.3%
Sodium 171.3 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet