Italian Stuffed Peppers
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Ground round/Chuck||1 Pound|
|Nutmeg||To Taste, freshly grated|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Black olives||12 , pitted and chopped|
|Seedless raisins||3 Tablespoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned pimento strip||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Prepare the peppers by removing the top and scooping out the pith and seeds.
3) In a saucepan of boiling water, dip the peppers by adding 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4) Drain the water and dry the peppers.
5) Place butter inside the peppers and season thoroughly.
6) In a skillet, add 4 tablespoons olive oil to sauté the onions to soft.
7) Add beef and cook by constant stirring, until the meat starts to brown.
8) Drain off excess fat, if necessary.
9) Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, Parmesan cheese, black olives, raisins, chives and parsley and mix well.
10) Use the mixture to fill the peppers.
11) In a flat ovenproof dish, arrange the peppers.
12) Pour in chicken stock over peppers.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done, basting them frequently.
14) Garnish the peppers with thin strips of pimento. Serve hot as a main course, cold as an appetizer.