1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (divided)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes less than the pasta package directions.
3. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are tender 3 minutes more.
4. Drain and return to the pot.
To make mustard garlic sauce:
5. In a medium bowl whisk in milk, mustard, flour, salt and pepper.
6. In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium high heat.
7. Add garlic and cook stirring until fragrant and lightly browned for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Whisk in the milk mixture and bring to a simmer stirring constantly.
9. Cook until thickened for 1 to 2 minutes and then stir in tarragon, lemon zest and juice.
10. Stir the sauce into the pasta-asparagus mixture.
11. Cook over medium high heat stirring until the sauce is thick, creamy and coats the pasta for about 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and divide the pasta among 4 bowls.
13. Top with the remaining 1/4 parmesan and serve.
This video is a creation of chefbinks. You can visit chefbinks for complete recipes, and more videos.
Asparagus has an interesting flavor and how about trying it with pasta? Watch Chef Binks along with his good friend Dr. Derek how to cook Asparagus Pasta with a creamy mustard garlic sauce and parmesan cheese. A cheesy treat for dinner indeed!