Italian Meat Loaves in Squash Bowls
|Acorn squashes||3 Medium|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (From 3 Slices)|
|Catsup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oregano leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Cut squashes into half and then remove seeds, but do not peel.
3) Apply melted butter or margarine in the hollows and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4) In a medium-size bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, catsup, salt, and oregano.
5) Divide the mixture evenly so as to stuff squash halves, mounding them well.
6) Top with cheese and place the squashes upright in a shallow baking pan.
7) Uncover and bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.
8) Wrap with a foil and again bake for 1 more hour until squashes are soft.
9) Serve hot.