|Fresh yeast/1/2 sachet dried yeast||1⁄2 Ounce, dried (15 Gram)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Strong white flour||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
1. Preheat oven, to 220°C/425°F/ Gas Mark 7.
2. Into a bowl cream fresh yeast, sugar and a little warm water and leave for 10 minutes such that frothy.
3. In another bowl, mix oil, salt, flour and dried yeast, if using.
4. To the flour mixture, add fresh yeast mixture and knead for 1-2 minutes.
5. Thereafter gradually add the remaining water to the dough such that the dough is not very moist.
6. In the bowl brush a tablespoon of oil and roll dough in it.
7. Using a damp tea towel or cling-film cover the dough in the bowl and let it rise for 45-50 minutes.
8. Knock down and knead the dough again, such that oil is incorporated.
9. Halve the dough and roll out to 23 cm / 9 inches
10. Over the baking sheet flatten the dough and leave to rise for 35-40 minutes.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
12. Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2199 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1964.4 mg81.9%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 8% Iron 121.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet