Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Lean ground beef||8 Ounce|
|Lean ground pork/Turkey||8 Ounce|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley/1 tablespoon dried parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a small skillet, over moderate heat, heat oil and sauté garlic and celery in it for about 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
3) Let cool slightly after taking off the skillet from heat.
4) Take a bowl and mix together ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, egg white, oregano, and basil in it.
5) Just allow the celery mixture to be combined.
6) Figure the mixture into 16 meatballs about 1 1/2 inches across,with your hands.
7) Take a rack; use vegetable oil cooking spray to spray it and then place the meatballs on it over a baking tray.
8) Brown the balls on all sides by baking in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally and then keep them warm on a plate.
9) In the meantime, in a large nonstick skillet, heated over moderate heat, bring tomatoes, onions, and tomato paste to a boil.
10) Simmer the mixture, covered for about 12 minutes until slightly thickened.
11) To the same skillet, place the meatballs with the black olives (if using) and cook, covered for about 20 minutes more until cooked well.
12) Pour over tomato sauce and then add in parsley and pepper.
13) Serve hot.
It would be easier to shape the meatballs if you wet your hands first.