Lasagna Bolognese Bake
|Minced steak||3 Pound|
|Canned whole tomatoes||60 Ounce (2 Cans Of 30 Ounce Each)|
|Canned tomato paste||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry red wine||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried basil||4 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna noodles/Spaghetti||2 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||8 Tablespoon|
|Cream sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Peel the carrots and grate them.
2) Chop the green pepper, onion and celery finely.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
4) In a large ppan or casserole, heat the oil and sauté the vegetables till they are tender, but not soft.
5) Take the vegetables out and to the pan, add the meat. Stir and cook till all the pinkness has gone away from the meat.
6) Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, wine, sugar, basil, pepper and the sautéed vegetables.
7) Bring the contents to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Gently simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or till the mixture has thickened.
8) If required, season with more salt and pepper to taste.
9) In boiling salted water, cook the lasagne noodles till they are tender. At a time, cook only 1 pound of noodles.
10) Drain the noodles and lightly toss them in butter.
11) Grease 2 large casseroles which are about 13x8x2-inches in measurement with butter or oil.
12) Put a layer of spaghetti or lasagne on the base of each casserole and cover with the meat mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over and finish with a layer of the spaghetti or pasta.
13) All over the layers, pour the cream sauce and top with the remainder of the Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, till the tops have browned.
14) Serve hot.