|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Streaky bacon||150 Gram, diced|
|Celery stick||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Potatoes||2 , diced|
|Beef stock||300 Milliliter|
|Tomato puree||25 Gram|
|Canned haricot beans||400 Gram, drained (1 Can)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (Picked Ones)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (A Handful)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Spaghetti||100 Gram, broken into smaller strands|
|For the croutons|
|Stale crusty bread slice||12 (1 Loaf Cut Into 4 X 2 Cm Thick Slices)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella||200 Gram, torn up roughly|
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Take a large pan, add onion, garlic, celery, carrots and bacon and fry for about 2 min.
3. Mix potatoes and cook for 5 more min, mix in stock and allow the mixture to come to boil.
4. Add tomato puree and simmer for 45 min.
5. Mix in herbs, tomatoes, haricot beans and pasta and cook for 5 more min to allow pasta to turn soft.
6. Season with freshly ground black pepper in generous amounts.
7. Grill bread slices drizzled mildly with olive oil.
8. Take off and top with mozzarella cheese, palace back in the hot grill for 3 to 4 min to bubble.
9. Spoon soup onto warm soup bowls, top with crouton and serve immediately.