Pasta With Creamy Walnut Pesto
|Pasta||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Walnut halves||6 Ounce (175 Grams, Or Pieces)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful, Leaves Roughly Torn, Plus Extra To Serve)|
|Grated parmesan||4 Ounce (100 Grams, Plus Extra To Serve)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
1. In a pot, boil the pasta.
2. When the pasta is ready, drain, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the water used to boil it.
3. In a food processor, put the walnuts and garlic and process until finely chopped.
4. Add the basil, cheese, butter and oil to the mixture and and whizz a few more times.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. In a pan, pour the cream and put it over low heat to warm.
7. Add two-thirds of the pesto sauce and gently heat to loosen it.
8.Toss the boiled pasta and th reservd cooking water into the sauce.
9. Serve hot, sprinkled with the extra cheese and basil, if using.
You can keep the leftover pesto in the fridge for up to a week.
You can even freeze it and use it up to a month.