Grilled Polenta With Mushroom Sauce
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 , trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Mushroom sauce||12 Ounce|
|Red wine/Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take a bowl and mix cornmeal with water.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. In a non-stick saucepan, put in the stock and add some salt and pepper to season. Bring it to boil.
4. Add the cornmeal mixture in the saucepan and stir properly. Simmer the polenta gently for about 10 minutes to make a thick and smooth mixture.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool at normal temperature for 5 minutes.
6. Take a 9-inch pie plate and line it with 1 tablespoon oil. Add the polenta in the plate and evenly spread out.
7. Cover the plate by a plastic wrap and put in the chiller to set for about 2 hours.
8. In a non-stick skillet, heat the leftover oil on medium flame. Add the leeks and garlic and sauté till they become tender.
9. Add thyme and wine in the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the formation of a rich sauce.
10. Now, sprinkle cheese over the polenta and slice into 6 equal size wedges. Place the wedges on a broiler rack and broil for 5 minutes or till the wedges turn golden brown.
11. Take a serving platter and arrange the golden brown polenta triangles on it. Serve some mushroom sauce on the top.