Beetroot Gnocchi with A Butter Sage and Orange Sauce
|Floury potatoes||1 Kilogram|
|Cooked beetroot||400 Gram, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Plain flour||300 Gram|
|Orange||1 , freshly juiced|
|Freshly grated parmesan/Vegetarian alternative||4 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , zest finely grated|
1. Take a pan having simmering saline water, add potatoes and cook for 15 to 20 min or till tender.
2. Drain off excess water, place in the pan to remove excess moisture, cool and mash thoroughly.
3. Take a food processor, pass beetroot along with eggs to prepare a puree. Strain using a fine sieve.
4. Slightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Add mashed potatoes, rest of the eggs, beetroot and a little salt to the center.
5. Using hands, mix to reach the consistency of a dough.
6. Make dough into pieces and roll into long sausages of 2.5 cm diameter. With a sharp, cut into long pieces of 2 to 3 cm.
7. Take a large pan containing boiling salted water, add gnocchi and cook for 2 to 3 min to allow it to rise it to the surface.
8. Using a slotted spoon, take out and drain.
9. In the meantime, take a frying pan, melt butter along with sage leaves, while allows the latter to infuse for half a minute.
10. Mix in orange juice and season with to prepare the sauce. Mix in drained gnocchi, cook for a minute.
11. Take the pan off from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese.
12. Scatter orange zest on top and serve immediately.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.7 mg39.6%
Sodium 295.9 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 75.5%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet