Italian Beef And Vegetable Soup
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless beef round steak||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 /2-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned cannellini beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Frozen italian style vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 1-Lb Bag)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (If Desired)|
1. Prepare a 1-quart reseal-able food-grade storage bag.
2. To the bag, add flour, salt and pepper and mix well
3. Add the beef to the bag; seal it and shake well till the beef is evenly coated with the mix.
4. In a separate 3-quart heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
5. Cook the coated beef in the heated saucepan for 4-5 minutes till the beef is evenly browned all over. Stir occasionally to ensure that the pieces do not burn or stick to the pan
6. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the same pan but reserve the cheese for later
7. Heat the pan till boiling point and then reduce the heat to allow the beef to cook
8. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes or till the vegetables are tender
9. Serve immediately with cheese sprinkled on top