Mini Meatballs With Pasta And Apple Pesto
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , peeled, cored and cut into large chunks|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pepper sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bow tie pasta||8 Ounce|
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Club soda||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips|
1) In a food processor or blender, add basil, apple, cheese, walnuts, garlic, 1 teaspoon sauce and salt to process.
2) Slowly add oil until mixture is smooth.
3) Follow instruction to cook the bow tie pasta. Drain water and set aside.
4) In the mean time, use a large bowl, to combine ground beef, turkey, egg, bread crumbs, club soda and 1 tablespoon sauce until well mixed.
5) Take tablespoonfuls of meat mixture to shape into balls.
6) Use a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, to cook meatballs until well browned on all sides, turning frequently.
7) Pour in water and increase the heat to bring a boil.
8) Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
9) In large bowl, toss cooked pasta, pesto sauce, meatballs with their liquid and red peppers until well mixed. Serve immediately.