Linguine With Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Uncooked linguine||12 Ounce, cooked according to package directions in unsalted water and drained|
1) In a large skillet, heat margarine and sauté onion, garlic and pepper for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat, until onion is translucent.
2) Stir in mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
3) Allow the mixture to come to a boil after adding in tomatoes, basil and sugar.
4) Minimize the temperature to low and uncover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Serve the sauce over linguine.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25 mg8.3%
Sodium 16.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet