Linguine With Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Uncooked linguine||12 Ounce, cooked according to package directions in unsalted water and drained|
1) In a large skillet, heat margarine and sauté onion, garlic and pepper for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat, until onion is translucent.
2) Stir in mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
3) Allow the mixture to come to a boil after adding in tomatoes, basil and sugar.
4) Minimize the temperature to low and uncover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Serve the sauce over linguine.