Easy Asparagus Risotto
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm) (cut into1 inch pieces)|
|Shallots/Onion||2 Medium, diced|
|Low sodium chicen stock||6 Cup (96 tbs), hot|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, divided (2 tbsp. will be used for garnishing)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Arborio rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese shaving||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parsely||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
1. Crop the ends of the asparagus with a knife so that you can discard the hard portion. Cut the stalks into 1 inch pieces.
2. Boil the chicken stock and add the asparagus pieces till they are crisp and tender, take them out and set them aside. Keep the stock on simmer.
3. In another wide pan add 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil, add shallots and saute, then add rice.
4. Cook the grains for about three to four minutes or until they turn translucent, then add wine and cook until almost all of it is absorbed.
5. Add chicken stock ladle by ladle to make the rice release starch. Cook until rice is cooked but is not very mushy.
6. Add the cooked asparagus and stir in to combine.
7. Garnish with 2 tablespoons of butter, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and serve this creamy Asparagus Risotto with crispy salmon.
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.1 mg13%
Sodium 236.7 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet