|Ground cornmeal/1 1/2 cups regular yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to a temperature of 200 degrees.
2) Put 4 cups of water in a large heavy-gauged saucepan placed over high flame and bring to a boil.
3) Place the serving platter in the preheated oven to warm them.
4) Bring the heat under the saucepan down to medium and add very slowly and gradually, add the cornmeal, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon.
5) Add in the salt, butter and bay leaves and keep stirring till the polenta has thickened and starts to pull away from the pan's sides. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
6) Take out the bay leaves and discard them. Use a rubber spatula to turn out the polenta into the middle of the warm platter.
7) Serve hot.