Beef Salad With Crispy Vegetables And Watercress Pesto
|Radish||1 Large, finely sliced|
|Celery stick||1 , finely sliced|
|Asparagus spears||2 , finely sliced|
|Carrot||1 Small, sliced into ribbons using a peeler|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Handful Of)|
|For the peppered beef|
|Beef fillet||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Cracked black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|For the watercress pesto|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Leaves Picked)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
1. Into a bowl of iced water add in the radish, celery, asparagus and carrot leaving it for about 30 minutes to crisp up.
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. Rub salt and pepper to season the beef.
3. Set an ovenproof griddle pan over heat such that smoking hot and sear the beef on all sides.
4. Thereafter place the meat in the hot oven for 5 minutes for very rare meat and cook for long according to the desired doneness.
5. Make the pesto while the beef rests.
6. In a blender, whizz all the pesto ingredients, other than the olive oil drizzling in the oil while the motor is running.
7. Drain the salad and pat dry.
8. Toss salad and tarragon leaves in olive oil and Dijon mustard
9. On a serving plate, arrange the beef after slicing into thin slices, in a single layer.
10. Spoon the watercress pesto and serve with the dressed salad.
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.4 mg17.8%
Sodium 209.3 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet