Italian Bread Pizza
|Italian bread loaf||1 Large|
|Shredded low salt monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, divided (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Prepared no salt added, no sugar, no fat pasta sauce||16 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Dried italian seasoning||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Low salt ham||12 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Canned pineapple rings||20 Ounce, well drained (1 Can)|
|Green pepper rings||8 (Thin Variety)|
|Red pepper rings||8 (Thin Variety)|
1. Slicing bread lengthwise in half toast cut sides under broiler such that lightly browned.
2. Over each half sprinkling 1/4 cup of the cheese, broil again about 1 to 2 minutes or such that cheese is melted.
3. In small saucepan combine pasta sauce and seasoning and let it cook over medium heat such that hot.
4. Over bread halves spoon sauce evenly, topping evenly with ham and pineapple rings.
5. Alternately on top place green and red pepper rings.
6. Place over baking sheet sprinkling each half with 1/2 cup of remaining cheese.
7. Let it broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source about 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take each half and cut into 6 pieces.
9. Garnish with parsley, if desired.