|Veal leg/Veal loin||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned tuna||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Gherkins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Fresh tarragon||1 (For Garnish, If Available)|
1) Bone the leg or loin of veal. Neatly roll it and bring the bones from butcher.
2) Scrape, wash and quarter carrot.
3) Skin onion and quarter.
4) Trim and chop celery.
5) In a large saucepan place the meat and bones together.
6) Add vegetables, peppercorns, salt, and water to cover the meat.
7) Boil the water, decrease the heat. Cover with a lid and cook in simmering heat for 1/2 hours till meat is cooked.
8) Take out the meat and keep aside to cool.
9) Rapidly boil to reduce the sauce, strain in cheesecloth, and set aside.
10) To prepare sauce, in a bowl drain tuna and anchovy with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
11) Using a fork mash it to mix thoroughly.
12) Mix eggs yolks and sprinkle pepper to top.
13) Force through a sieve into a small bowl.
14) Add half the lemon juice and remaining oil, adding little quantity each time and beat well.
15) When the sauce thickens add lemon juice to taste.
16) Mix 2 tablespoons of the veal liquid to make thin cream consistency.
17) Slice veal thinly and place in terrine.
18) Coat meat with sauce and cover with a foil. Marinate overnight.
19) Garnish with capers and sliced gherkins or with a sprig of tarragon. Serve with
cold rice salad or a tossed lettuce and tomato salad.