Italian Sausage With Kraut And Fettuccine
|Fettuccine||7 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, sliced into strips|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned sauerkraut||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Precooked link italian sausage||12 Ounce, thickly sliced (1 Package)|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
1) Place a large skillet over medium flame and cook the bacon till it is crisp. Remove the cooked bacon and reserve the drippings in the skillet. Drain the bacon on paper towels, crumble them and set aside.
2) To the drippings in the skillet, add the onion, pepper and mushrooms and cook till the vegetables are tender.
3) Stir in the brown sugar, wine and kraut. Add the parley and sausage and cover the skillet.
4) Bring the heat down to low and cook gently for about 8 minutes, occasionally stirring.
5) To the hot pasta, add butter and toss to coat well. Add the kraut and bacon mix and lightly mix.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79 mg26.3%
Sodium 1518.2 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 159.5%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 100.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet